|
Todd: Hello, Matt! 你好,马特!
Matt: Hello, Todd!
你好,托德!
Todd: Matt, I'm going to ask you some questions about pet. (OK!) First question, do you havea pet?
马特,我将会问你几个关于宠物的问题。(好的!)第一个问题,你养宠物吗?
Matt: Yes, in fact, my mom's house we have three, three pets; two dogs and a cat. My familyactually raises dogs for helping blind people.
是的,事实上,在我妈妈的房子里,我们养了三只宠物,两只狗和一直猫。我家培养的是能帮助盲人的导盲犬。
Todd: Oh, really!
哦,真的吗!
Matt: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
是的。
Todd: Wow, like how do they train the dogs?
哇,那么怎么训练导盲犬呢?
Matt: How do they train the dogs? Well, I mean, it's a long process, right...we get them whenthey're puppies.....and so we train them basic...you know, sit, come... really basic things...then,after they're about two year old, they go a different training school.
如何训练导盲犬?这其实是一个长期的过程。我们会带回来出生不久的幼犬。接着训练小狗基本功,比如坐下,过来这些很基本的东西。然后,等到它们两岁大,我们会送它去一家培训学校。
Todd: Oh, wow , that's great!
哇,太棒了!
Matt: Yeah, yeah!
是的。
Todd: Well, how many dogs do they train at a time?
一次训练几只导盲犬呢?
Matt: Oh, just one! We have our own dog, and then we have a dog that we have that we aretraining.
只有一只!我们自己养只狗,还有一只训练中的导盲犬。
Todd: Oh, OK.
好的。
Matt: Yeah, just one dog at a time.
一次只训练一只。
Todd: Do you ever see the dogs you trained, like out on the street, or anything?
你有没有偶遇自己训练过的导盲犬,例如在街上,有没有类似的重聚?
Matt: Sometimes we'll see them, they'll have like sort of conventions of reunions of the pets so,yeah, you get to see them once in awhile.
有时候我会看到它们,导盲犬和训练人相聚是约定俗成的的惯例,训练人偶尔可以看它们。
Todd: Oh, wow, that's cool. Um, why do people keep pets?
哇,太酷了。那么人们为什么要养宠物?
Matt: I guess the most important thing is companionship, right! So there is always somebodythere for you that will like you no matter what.
我想最重要的一个原因就是宠物对主人的陪伴!无论如何,宠物总会围绕在主人身边,不问原因地喜爱自己的主人。
Todd: Yeah, that's true. OK, besides cats, dogs, and fish, what are some other pets peoplekeep?
是的,确实如此。那么除了猫,狗和鱼,人们还养什么宠物?
Matt: Well, I guess if you are Sigfreid and Roy you can keep a tiger or lion. I guess all types ofthings don't they.
我想如果你是驯兽师Sigreid和Roy,也许你能养一只老虎或狮子。我想各种动物都能成为人类的宠物。
Todd: Yeah.
是的。
Matt: I mean, my friend has a snake....I don't know if you mention that: snake and ferrets andinsects, spiders...
我的一位朋友就养了一条蛇。我忘了你是否提到过,蛇,雪貂,昆虫,蜘蛛都可以成为人类的宠物。
Todd: OK.
好的。
Matt: All kinds of things.
各种动物。
Todd: All right, yeah, like there is so many. What are some costs associated with keeping apet?
好的,养一只宠物所需的花费是多少呢?
Matt: Food is probably the biggest cost, but also if you keep the dog, particularly a dog in yourhouse, when they are puppies, and we have a lot of puppies they'll chew up everything theycan so we're constantly replacing shoes and, you know, cleaning up pee from the carpet andthings like that..so.. it can be a hassle.
食物也许是最大的开销,但如果你养的是狗,尤其是小狗,你把它放在屋里,我们曾经就把许多小狗放到屋里,它们会把屋里能咬的东西都咬了,因此我们老得换新鞋,而且还得清理地摊上的尿痕等,这些也很麻烦。
Todd: Yeah, OK. Thanks a lot, and by the way, where are you from?
好的。十分谢谢,顺便一提,你来自哪里?
Matt: I'm from the U.S.A., from Minnesota.
我来自美国,明尼苏达州。
|
|